Re: What do you make of this?

I'd guess that there's an ODBC connection in there right? I too have seen
the parse twice execute once behaviour with this (and that'll be your
biggest single winner. I *think* that one gets this behaviour with the ODBC
call SQL_DESCRIBE_COLUMNS (or similar name), but as the app that does this
to us is shrink-wrapped I haven't confirmed - though I did pass it back to
the vendor.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA