Re: What Errors do we face while patching of Oracle APPs server 11i

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: solo.erp@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 08:52:32 +0100

On 6/11/06, Solo Mahi <solo.erp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

HI,

Can some one please tell me what are the normal errors do we face while
doing patching of Oracle APPA server (11i) , and what are the solutions of
those.

Regards

There are an awful lot of patches for Apps. They tend to be, reasonably
well, documented at metalink as indeed do errors with them. My experience
here, which is very slight indeed, is that the type of error that you may
encounter can be greatly affected by your setup as well, i.e is the database
RAC or not, do you have shared APPL_TOP, do you have merged APPL_TOP, what
modules do and don't you have and so on.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA