RE: Weird recovery, need help please

  • From: "Marquez, Chris" <cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <all_about_oracle@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 23:57:19 -0400

First, why do you need to open the database resetlogs with a COLD backup?
Can you restore you COLD backup and just OPEN the database?

Second, you need to include more information in you post.
Just saying you go an ORA-600 error is like saying like say the sky was blue
when you database crashed...no much to go on.
Include or Explain your backup commands/method...RMAN, OS copy, what?
Include your command output and errors.
Include your alert log errors.

What does you init parameter file look like?...You using _disable_logging
parameter?
Are you getting ORA-600 [2662] errors?
Are you in archive log mode?
Are restoring the archive logs as part of you restore?

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA