RE: Website & Oracle Backend for static content - OT?

A couple of other folks have mentioned that there are full-blown content
management systems for this sort of thing that would likely be far more
efficient than rolling your own system to update content directly in
Oracle.

Depending on the requirements, however, you might consider using
something like Oracle Files (formerly internet File System) to store the
static data.  Users could view edit the documents just as if it were on
a file system, but under the covers everything would be in Oracle, so
you'd have the same sorts of security/ auditing/ etc that you'd expect.

If you have a large community of department admins that are updating
static content as one of many roles in the organization, a full fledged
content management system, or even rolling out source control to the
desktops, might be overkill and might burn more training time than it
saved.  Being able to expose a file system like interface to those that
just need a file system interface can be a real benefit here.

Justin Cave  <jcave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Distributed Database Consulting, Inc.
http://www.ddbcinc.com/askDDBC