Re: Was OPS ever certified on Linux?

  • From: Martin Bach <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:14:41 +0000

Hi Marcin and all,

thanks for your replies, much appreciated.

I was wondering for the exact same reasons whether OPS ever was used on Linux. According to the excellent "You probably don't need RAC" document from Mogens Nørgaard the DLM initiated on VAX/VMS and was improved by Oracle to make it suitable for the RDBMS product back in the 6.2 days. The document then continues to say that with Oracle 8 development introduced their own DLM to be independent from other vendors and only relied on a small operating system dependent piece of code.

Back in the 8i days though I don't think Enterprise Linux distributions were available such as RHEL or SLES/United Linux etc. A deployment of OPS on Linux in production to me seems unlikely.

Marcin Przepiorowski wrote:
On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Martin Bach
<development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

regards,
Marcin Przepiorowski
http://oracleprof.blogspot.com/