Re: Was OPS ever certified on Linux?

  • From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 20:09:05 +0000

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Martin Bach
<development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (I thought I had sent this email but it seemed to have been stuck in my
> outbox. I hope it hasn't hit the list yet, if so I apologise for
> double-posting!)
>
> Dear listers,
>
> does anyone know if Oracle Parallel Server was ever certified on Linux?
> The RAC option came with Oracle 9i Release 1 in 2001 if memory serves me
> right, but I think that may have been before the RHEL AS 2.1/SLES 8
> release dates (please correct me if I'm wrong) so not sure if it was
> ever supported on Linux.
>
> I have definitely seen installation guides by SuSE for SuSE linux 7.x
> and Oracle 9.0.1 RAC but I'm curious if OPS was ever an option. Even
> more curious: did anyone actually run OPS on Linux?

Hi Martin,

I'm not sure about the certification but it was included in
installation guide (http://download.oracle.com/docs/pdf/A86017_02.pdf)
so I think it is possible that it is certified.

I have performed some training for other people using that environment
but I never seen OPS on Linux in production. At that time Oracle on
Linux in production was a really rare thing.

regards,
Marcin Przepiorowski
http://oracleprof.blogspot.com/