Re: Warning -OT

  • From: Tanel Poder <tanel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 03:06:20 +0300

Yeah, I'd go with Python as well!
The problem in (Oracle) DBA and sysadmin world is though that the RHEL5
linux distros (and clones) still have Python 2.4 in use ... So your cool
scripts written on latest Ubuntu or MacOS might just not work on the usual
server estate in an enterprise ...

And another thing to be aware of, while Python 3 is out, it's not backwards
compatible with 2.x. So, I would go with latest python 2.x (2.7 or 2.8 i
think).

--
Tanel Poder
Blog - http://blog.tanelpoder.com