Wanted - pointers to Good articles on P_A_T

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle Discussion List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 16:46:41 -0500

Hi all,

Any pointers to good articles on using and sizing P_A_T? config is
9204/AIX/RAC. In one of the DBs a sr. dba has PAT enabled, but
occasionally the DB throws ora-4031 and we end up bouncing the
instance. So I want to cover my bases before I open my mouth in the
meeting about it.

I am currently reading doco and couple of articles on metablink. Also
can v$pga_target_advice* views be (correctly) used to project if we
will soon receive a 4031 error?

TIA
-- Rjamya --
select standard_disclaimer from company_requirements where category =
'MANDATORY';