RE: Voting Disks and OCR on 11.2.0.2

  • From: "Walker, Jed S" <Jed_Walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>, Zabair Ahmed <roon987@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 15:56:13 +0000

I wouldn't rely on the storage mirroring for the voting disk.  I would have it
redundant within Oracle also - as you would for controlfiles, online redo logs,
etc. I have seen it happen before where a flaw in the mirroring technology
resulted in the loss of a file. The system had been created with single online
redo logs because the disk was mirrored, but the mirroring failed and the
database failed with it.