Re: VmWare

  • From: Wayne Smith <wts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 13:55:56 -0500

The only change for this note from the Nov 2007 version of 249212.1 is

> For Oracle RAC, Oracle will only
> accept Service Requests as described in this note on Oracle RAC 11.2.0.2 and
> later
> releases.

Which is to say that, while you are welcome to run on VMware, they'll only
give you support if (1) if you report a problem known to occur on native OS,
or (2) if you can show the Oracle solution does not work on the native OS.
Oracle does not certify on VMware and, IMHO, Oracle does not support
VMware.

Shades of Ma Bell, if you ask me.

Cheers, Wayne