Re: Virtual RAC on the cheap

I just want to mention that I bought a new Dell Studio Laptop 1555 for only 500€ ...

RAM 6g DDR2 (not 3).
CPU Core Duo P7450 2.13GHz

Definitely not the bleeding edge :)

Just tested RAC One Node Omotion on it :)

Tried two node RAC 11gR2 too, it's slow, but it's fine for what I need.

Regards
Dimitre

On 04/02/2011 12:14, Charlotte Hammond wrote:
Hi All,

I'm looking for a cheap way to start playing with RAC in my own time.  I'd like
to run a virtual environment but my current laptop doesn't really have the
power.

I know you can't run RAC between multiple Amazon EC2 instances, but what if you
rent a single big EC2 instance and then put VMware or Virtual Box on top of
that?  Is that supported/possible?  Or any better ideas for the tightfisted?
This is going to be a really light-usage play area.

Many thanks!
Charlotte