Views and Tables

  • From: mkline1@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 21:18:08 +0000

Client has quite a few partitioned tables. Users are starting to want to query
the actual tables, but we've got to keep them from queries that might combine
multiple partitions.

We can probably create some "this_month", "last_month" views under a reporting
user id, but if the views can select the tables, then if the user is cleaver
enough, they too may find they can get to the tables.

Is there a way to let them see the views but hide the table names from them?

I figure one of the table views will give it all away.

We do monitor with Precise, but still.

This is 8.1.7.4 on HP-UX.

--
Michael Kline