Veritas Direct IO

  • From: thump604@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 17:24:51 +0000

We have Veritas Direct IO in house but it has not yet been implemented.
Previous tests utilizng the product were not positive in terms of improving
performance and operations such as ftp were slowed.
I was not here then though, so I can't speak on any details.

I am wanting to reevaluate the product though and see if it can't benefit us at
all.

Does anyone have any implementations were Veritas direct IO is helping
performance and can speak on the details?

How to best configure and how to best utilize it on what parts of the db type
info would be great!

Thanks for any info
Regards,
- David Green