Values in wrh$_tablespace_space_usage not changing

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 15:54:10 -0500 (CDT)

Hey all,

So, today I get all sorts of danger-will-robinson alert mails with
"ORA-1653: unable to extend table XXXXXX..." from our production DB.  But
that can't be, because Grid Control is watching over this for me and I got
no notifications that our tablespaces were getting full!

After some investigation, I see that WRH$_TABLESPACE_SPACE_USAGE (via
DBA_HIST_TBSPC_SPACE_USAGE) in the target database has had the same values
entered for each snapshot of our single production data tablespace for the
past 2+ months.  I know this cannot be true -- there has been at least
dozens if not hundreds of table expansions, datafile growth, etc. which
would have changed these values.

I also noticed that the values began repeating 24 hours after I upgraded
this DB (AIX 5.3) from Database Control to a Grid
Control Agent -- this *can't* be a coincidence.  Of course, I upgraded
Development months before without a hitch...

I've got an SR open, but thought I'd throw this one out on the list.  Anyone???

p.s.  Yes, we do have the Tuning and Diagnostics Packs to use the DBA_HIST
views.  :)