Values in wrh$_tablespace_space_usage not changing

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 15:54:10 -0500 (CDT)

Hey all,

So, today I get all sorts of danger-will-robinson alert mails with
"ORA-1653: unable to extend table XXXXXX..." from our production DB.  But
that can't be, because Grid Control is watching over this for me and I got
no notifications that our tablespaces were getting full!

After some investigation, I see that WRH$_TABLESPACE_SPACE_USAGE (via
DBA_HIST_TBSPC_SPACE_USAGE) in the target database has had the same values
entered for each snapshot of our single production data tablespace for the
past 2+ months.  I know this cannot be true -- there has been at least
dozens if not hundreds of table expansions, datafile growth, etc. which
would have changed these values.

I also noticed that the values began repeating 24 hours after I upgraded
this 10.1.0.5.0 DB (AIX 5.3) from Database Control to a 10.2.0.3.0 Grid
Control Agent -- this *can't* be a coincidence.  Of course, I upgraded
Development months before without a hitch...

I've got an SR open, but thought I'd throw this one out on the list.  Anyone???

TIA!
Rich

p.s.  Yes, we do have the Tuning and Diagnostics Packs to use the DBA_HIST
views.  :)