Re: V$Transaction entry

  • From: Remigiusz Sokolowski <remigiusz.sokolowski@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Petr.Novak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 09:50:29 +0100

Petr Novak pisze:
> Hi,
>
> I have following problem:
>
> update on table waits for lock (only one row tested) , there is no lock on
> the table in v$LOCK, analyze table validate structure gets ORA-00054,
> no rows in db_2pc_pending or pending_sessions , but there is one day old
> entry in V$TRANSACTION and V$LOCKED_OBJECT shows  lock held  by nonexistent
> session.
> Is there some possibility  how to delete this entry from v$transaction
> without restarting the DB ? with dbms_transaction  (I have no rights on it) ?
>
> Best Regards,
> Petr Novak

Petr, I am almost certain that few weeks ago You sent me few links of
which one was very valuable in clearing that thing.

In general this issue happens when timeout settings on transaction
manager are longer than distributed_lock_timeout.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/clustering/overview/distributed-transactions-and-xa-163941.pdf

According to the paper the transaction id shows in dba_2pc_pending after
it is recognized as transaction in-doubt, etc - just look at the paper

Regards
Remigiusz
--
Pole nakazi

Remigiusz Sokolowski <remigiusz.sokolowski@xxxxxxxxxx>
pos   : DBA at DIiUSI
addr  : Nordea Bank Polska SA, Luzycka 6A Street, 81-537 Gdynia, Poland
phone : +48 58 667 17 43
mobile: +48 602 42 42 77