RE: VPD with column masking

  • From: "Kenneth Naim" <kennaim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 12:09:49 -0400

Yes it can be done. The function will be run by every user selecting from
the table, so execute on the function should be granted to public. Within
the function you can check for a list of hard coded users, or have it lookup
the data in a table (which should be protected against changes using fga) or
you can use a db role that can be granted to users, and check
dba/all_role_privs.

Ken