RE: VLDBA's: gather stats on a large table

  • From: Martic Zoran <zoran_martic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 07:18:58 -0700 (PDT)

--- Christian Antognini
<Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Also not of so much use when using PL/SQL and
> static
> >SQL with binds on the partitioning key columns.
> If you have query that process large amount of data
> it's probably not a good idea to have binds.

As Tom Kyte said it is very hard to not use binds in

I agree partly with this and only if binds need to
change the execution plan of SQL.
That is not true in many cases even if a lots of data
needs to be processed.

Huh, I have never heard about the hint to do
Are there a such hint? Will be nice in PL/SQL :)

Do you Yahoo!?
Make Yahoo! your home page