Re: Using Unix debuggers to attach to Oracle processes

  • From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <egorst@xxxxxxxxx>, <sac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 18:58:50 +0800

ksudps() prints processtate, it might be worth to start with this one if your system is hung and proceed from there.

Those three functions are the only three which ever should be called directly and only in very extreme circumstances when even connect as sysdba doesn't work. And before resorting to that, a direct attach sga program, dumping v$session_wait should be done before (if not using 10gR2's EM direct attach mode). Several versions of such program are available from internet.

Tanel.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Egor Starostin" <egorst@xxxxxxxxx>