RE: Using Unix debuggers to attach to Oracle processes

  • From: "Schultz, Charles" <sac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>, <egorst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 12:52:21 -0500

Yes, I found the following functions via nm:
ksudss
ksdhng
ksudps

In mdb and dbx, I get unknown symbols which tells me that I still have to work
on the syntax. With adb, I kill the shadow process (ora-7445, SIGKILL on the
function/symbol), but no trace file that I can find.

It would be really cool if Oracle included its own debugger, external to the
database. Or if you could run oradebug without connecting to the instance
(attaching, but not connecting via sqlplus).

I'll ask our sysadmins about gdb - I was hoping to use at least one of the
three we already have, but I will do whatever it takes. =)
Thanks, Tanel,