From: Niall Litchfield [mailto:niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 11:51 PM
To: sjwales@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Using RMAN to recover a copy of a database from backup files
only

Steve, version of the database is quite important here as steps available to
you vary by version. In addition it sounds like you would be well advised to
engage support on this one. The short and good answer though is that so long
as you have the required backups and arch logs you can achieve your goal.