Re: Using PQ in FTS

  • From: "Frits Hoogland" <frits.hoogland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 04:02:42 -0500

If mixed access (meaning both buffered and direct access) is done on objects
where DML is happening, it can result in buffer busy waits because extents
needs to be checkpointed before direct access can occure.

Seen a great deal of buffer busy waits in 9.2.0.6/linux where concurrent DML
queries got downgraded to serial due to the parallel automatic tuning.

This is probably true for higher versions (because of how PX is implemented)
of the database, but haven't tested it.

frits

On 3/27/07, John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Amir,

Have a look at http://oracledoug.com/px.html - Be aware that you set
PQ's init.ora parameters properly, specially to limit the number of PQ
servers: Otherwise, you might end up choking on CPU on unbound
usage...

John

On 3/26/07, Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No, PQ used by batch jobs.