RE: Using PQ in FTS

  • From: "Hameed, Amir" <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Arul Ramachandran" <contactarul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:09:35 -0400

No, PQ used by batch jobs.

________________________________

        From: Arul Ramachandran [mailto:contactarul@xxxxxxxxx]
        Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 1:08 PM
        To: Hameed, Amir
        Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: Using PQ in FTS

        I was going to say unintended block cleanouts.. but then glanced
Jonathan Lewis' book page 30 where it mentions 'segment checkpoint',
that sounds almost like block cleanouts....

        I suppose you did not mean PQ will be used by OLTP queries...

        Arul

        On 3/23/07, Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

                Folks,
                If there are statements where FTS on large tables is
unavoidable due to
                the logic in the statements, is there a downside of
using PQ to scan
                those tables? Jonathan has mentioned one caution on page
30 of his book
                but are there any other issues that one must be aware of
? The RDBMS
                version are 9.2.0.6 and 10.2.0.2.

                Thanks
                Amir