RE: Using Direct I/O Filesystem for Oracle Database

  • From: <krish.hariharan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juniordba2004@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:13:56 -0700

Muhammad Salman Faheem,

You should read, if you have not already, Steve Adam's works in ixora
(http://www.ixora.com.au <http://www.ixora.com.au/>  ) for async io and
direct io and Oracle internals, and also Cary Millsap's works in hotsos
(www.hotsos.com) that deals with the proportionality of the effect on change
As Dave said have benchmarks and baselines that allow you to establish and
measure change.

-Krish

  _____