RE: Using DD to Read Data from Oracle Datafiles

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 11:21:10 -0500

Consider in the case for ORACLE, not paying license fees for Oracle is
not a DBA/IT thing.  I submit also that this is much more money.

If the business wishes to do otherwise, The DBA/IT should wait to find a
new job.. as they may not be able to up and quit.   Turning them
offender in might be considered ethical, and lead to a new job too...
quickly.

But not paying for licenses, I do not believe can be an 'IT' call --
depending on if you consider someone like the CIO 'IT'.  Point being
much more money.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx