Re: User rights

On 4/29/05, Michael.Fleck@xxxxxx <Michael.Fleck@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi list members,
>=20
> we have some people in our departments, which do some user
> administration. The employees of this department work with oracle
> applications. Ths support people in the department want to know, which
> access a user has to what tables, indexes etc.
> Which role or system-rights do I have to grant to the support people in
> the department. With DBA rights they get the right information. I tried
> the roles SELECT_ANY_CATALOG and EXECUTE_ANY_CATALOG and the
> SELECT_ANY_DICTIONARY right, but none of them worked.
>=20
> Any ideas, which right I have to grant?
>=20
> Best regards,
> Michael Fleck=3D20

Hi Michael,

Which queries do the support guys exactly use for this purpose? They
can't only query dba_catalog since this won't tell them which objects
a user can access. They must be using some queries against
DBA_TAB_PRIVS and the like.
If you can get their queries, it might be easier to find the right
sufficient role or privileges.

Regards,
Jerome