RE: Use of Multiple BLOCK Sizes ?

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:02:54 -0600

My knee jerk to investigating the use of multiple block sizes is to see
if it would benefit LOB storage for third party app.  In other words,
would the LOBs benefit from having a 16k or 32k blocksize?
Unfortunately, I have zero documentation about what the LOBs are and why
in the world is the vendor putting certain non-LOB tables and indexes in
the LOB tablespace.

Of course I haven't gotten that far yet, but when I do, I'll let you
know.  Unless someone else here would like to chime in...  :)

GL!

Rich