                From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sanjay Mishra
                Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 3:46 PM
                To: Baumgartel, Paul; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                Subject: RE: Urgent-ORA0001 Unique COnstraint

                Paul

                I had a question that if I was told by one user that
they are loading some data into the  DW table and disable the constraint
but still getting the error about the unique Constraint.

                I tried to insert data into the Primary Key column and
found that it is failing with Unique Constraint Error even the
constraint is disabled.

                I tried to drop the constraint and tried to insert the
data and found the same Unique constraint error which gives and idea the
Primary Key related index is still not dropped even I dropped the
Primary key constraint. I don't know if this is possible that If I drop
the constraint using alter table drop constraint command and it is still
not dropping the index.

                I hope this make more sense.

                Sanjay

                "Baumgartel, Paul" <paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
                Did you have a question?

                Do you not understand why a primary key constraint would
fail validation?

                Do you want to know how to diagnose the problem?

                Your post is more likely to get a response if you show
that you have tried on your own to solve your problem, and then ask a
specific question rather than just announcing that you have a problem.

                Paul Baumgartel
                CREDIT SUISSE
                Information Technology
                DBA & Admin - NY, KIGA 1