Upgrading oracle 8.0.6 32-bit to 9.2.something 64-bit

  • From: "Docherty, Heather" <H.Docherty@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:34:08 +0100

Hello
I'm getting ready to upgrade Sap in August / September and I have to upgrade
oracle first.

I've got a couple of quick questions for the experts:

1) I read a long time ago when trying to decide what version of oracle to
install for Sap that Sap needs 20GB swap space with the 64-bit oracle.  We
didn't have enough disk space so I had to go with the 32-bit.  So, does the 9i
version of oracle need a lot of swap space, or is it probably just Sap?

2) I have upgraded 8.0.something 32-bit to 8.1.7 64-bit via move to 8.1.6
32-bit, convert to 64-bit, move to 8.17 64-bit.
   Do I have to do this again for the oracle upgrade I have to carry out, and
if so, what's the best route?

I am trying to install ISEE on an HP at the moment (not getting very far!),
otherwise I would read the manuals - honest.

Heather