Re: Upgrading from 10g to 11g on Windows

  • From: John D Parker <orclwzrd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: peter.schauss@xxxxxxx, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 13:34:59 -0700 (PDT)

The other thing that I've run into is that the upgrade wants a PRE script run
on the 10g instance and that PRE script changes the instance. In my case, I'm
going from 32bit winders to 64bit winders and 10g to 11g. I'm going to have to
install a temporary copy of 10g 32bit on my 11g 64bit machine so that I can run
the PRE script. I don't really want to change my current production instance by
running the PRE script on it. Read the upgrade info very carefully. There are
just plenty of unexpected gotcha's in there waiting.

John Parker