Re: Upgrading Grid Infra for Standalone ASM from to

  • From: David Robillard <david.robillard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Don Seiler <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 09:14:37 -0400

Hi Don,

> Wondering if anyone else out there has done upgrades of Grid Infrastructure
> for standalone ASM from to

I upgraded our GI from to, but it's not a standalone
ASM, so it's not exactly the same setup as you mention.
In any case I wrote down how it was done, so it might help others.

I've been running since February and I didn't hit the bug
you're talking about.

A quick fix for your problem is to run a find(1) from your GI owner
user's crontab which removes the core files. It won't fix the problem,
but at least it will save you from a file system full problem. Of
course the real fix is to have Oracle issue a patch for this, but it
might take some time. Meanwhile, something like this could help:

find $GRID_HOME/log/`hostname`/diskmon -type f -iname "*core*" -exec rm {} \;

Just make sure you don't have other files that match the pattern
"*core*" in that directory and below that you want to keep.