Re: Upgrading Grid Infra for Standalone ASM from 11.2.0.1 to 11.2.0.2

Hi Don,

> Wondering if anyone else out there has done upgrades of Grid Infrastructure
> for standalone ASM from 11.2.0.1 to 11.2.0.2.

I upgraded our GI from 11.2.0.1 to 11.2.0.2, but it's not a standalone
ASM, so it's not exactly the same setup as you mention.
In any case I wrote down how it was done, so it might help others.

http://itdavid.blogspot.com/2011/02/installing-patch-11202-to-oracle-11201.html

I've been running 11.2.0.2 since February and I didn't hit the bug
you're talking about.

A quick fix for your problem is to run a find(1) from your GI owner
user's crontab which removes the core files. It won't fix the problem,
but at least it will save you from a file system full problem. Of
course the real fix is to have Oracle issue a patch for this, but it
might take some time. Meanwhile, something like this could help:

find $GRID_HOME/log/`hostname`/diskmon -type f -iname "*core*" -exec rm {} \;

Just make sure you don't have other files that match the pattern
"*core*" in that directory and below that you want to keep.

HTH,

David

--
http://itdavid.blogspot.com/