Upgrading Grid Infra for Standalone ASM from to

  • From: Don Seiler <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:00:47 -0500

Wondering if anyone else out there has done upgrades of Grid Infrastructure
for standalone ASM from to I seem to be encountering a
new bug every time I do it.

The latest one results in core dump files being created every 10 minutes for
no reason. This is bug 10283819, although it's been closed as "not a bug".
The original poster said that the only workaround he found was to remove the
old grid home directory (which I'd rather not do until I'm well
into running on and restart all services. So far in just over 5.5
days, I have over 6.5GB of these core dump files in the
$GRID_HOME/log/<hostname>/diskmon/ directory.

If anyone else has done such an upgrade, I'd like to know if you see this as
well. Definitely seems like it's not "not a bug" to me.

Don Seiler