Re: Upgrades with no downtime

  • From: Kerry Osborne <kerry.osborne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: valpis@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 12:45:22 -0500

I think the whole idea is to have views, which are editionable (if that's a word), sitting on top of the tables. So the apps would access the views instead of the base tables. I think this is similar to you're original idea. This looks to be a very workable approach.

Kerry Osborne

On Oct 27, 2009, at 10:32 AM, Johan Eriksson wrote:

On the other hand, since tables are noneditioned type in this version
perhaps we can't use this since we want to be able to make changes on
tables as well

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Johan Eriksson <valpis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This seems like what we want, and since we running 11R1 and planning
on upgrade soon I will check out this feature. So big thanks on the