Re: Upgrades with no downtime

  • From: Kerry Osborne <kerry.osborne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: valpis@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 12:45:22 -0500

I think the whole idea is to have views, which are editionable (if that's a word), sitting on top of the tables. So the apps would access the views instead of the base tables. I think this is similar to you're original idea. This looks to be a very workable approach.

Kerry Osborne
Enkitec
blog: kerryosborne.oracle-guy.com

On Oct 27, 2009, at 10:32 AM, Johan Eriksson wrote:

On the other hand, since tables are noneditioned type in this version
perhaps we can't use this since we want to be able to make changes on
tables as well

/johan

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Johan Eriksson <valpis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

This seems like what we want, and since we running 11R1 and planning
on upgrade soon I will check out this feature. So big thanks on the
link!

/johan