Updating system statistics

My system statistics are horribly out-of-date and I'd like to gather
more current numbers.  Just to give you a taste, my current production
statistics have MBRC=5, SREADTIM=0.078, MREADTIM=0.065.  I gathered
statistics on my development server (much lighter workload), and those
stats came out to MBRC=89, SREADTIM=2.349 and MREADTIM=14.27.  I'm
aware that I'll probably want to lower MBRC back down to perhaps 8
afterward.

Now I want to gather statistics on the production server over a decent
interval (90 minutes?) to put them on development.  Is there a way to
gather statistics and get the numbers without actually changing the
in-place production stats?  Or do I just have to gather, export, and
then do a restore_system_stats(SYSDATE-1)?