Re: Update schema while new data is coming in

  • From: "Vijay Vardhineni" <vvardhineni@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: don@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:49:45 -0700

RAC has only one database (i,e shared database).  The moment you make
changes to the schema on one node, all nodes will see the same changes.

  I am guessing that you have 2 databases with bi-directional replication.
Are you using streams for synchronizing the data between the two servers?
As long as you don't drop/rename objects (i.e tables/columns), it should
work.  You need to do thorough testing before implementing in production.

Vijay