Upcoming Training Events in the First Half of 2010

  • From: Carol Dacko <dackoc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 13:42:52 -0500

Happy New Year Everyone!

Here are three training events that I have attended in the past (and will
again this year) that are excellent for all.  We all know that company
budgets are tight, but all three are great values for the money!

1) Rocky Mountain Oracle User Group Training Days (RMOUG) ,17&18th of
February.  This is a great two day event in Denver, Colorado.
http://www.rmoug.org
   Advance Registration for nonmembers until the 13th of January is $300.
Standard Registration is $345 for nonmembers from the 13th of January to the
9th of February and after the 9th of February it is $445 for nonmembers.
There are so many tracks offered that I often find myself wishing that I
could clone myself and attend more than one at a time!

2)  HOTSOS Symposium, 7-11th of March, Dallas, TX.  http://www.hotsos.com
     Registration from now until the 12th of February is $1395 after this
date it is $1495.  Tanel Poder is giving a full training day after the
conference for another $500.  Most of the presentations are "deep dives"
into performance and can really challenge the mind!  Neil Gunther, a
capacity planning expert, will be in attendance again!  He is always a great
person to learn from!

3)  NEOOUG (North East Ohio Oracle Users Group) Training Days - 20&21 May.
http://www.neoorg.org   Yes, I also can't believe that this Michigan
Wolverine is promoting an event in Ohio!  BUT, this user group does a
marvelous job with their Training Day.  The call for papers is still open
(closes on the 1st of February) but I believe that the first day will be a
full day of training with Jonathan Lewis.  And believe it or not, Cleveland
is a great place to be that time of year!  You can catch a Cleveland Indians
baseball game, go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, take cruises on Lake
Erie and alike.  And Cedar Point, an amusement park, if open, is just west
of Cleveland.  It is a great place to take the family.  This is usually
priced right for the type of training you will receive.

Hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday season and are excited about a new
year!

Carol Dacko
University of Michigan