Re: "...Upcoming Major Release of Oracle Enterprise Manager..."

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 20:21:32 +1100

Rich Jesse wrote,on my timestamp of 7/11/2009 1:27 AM:

10.2.0.5 is all-Flash???

Supposed to be. Haven't got it working yet, too busy with other stuff...

granted a standalone OEL4 server.  Apparently the trick to installing it on
a TZ-patched Windows server was not to be installing GC in the DST Twilight
Zone where dates now falls in Standard Time when they used to be Daylight
Savings Time (e.g. last two weeks in October 2009 in the U.S.).

Biggest problem is AEST daylight savings changeover was modified last year, so we're one hour off from everyone else between 1st Oct and 1st Nov. Unfortunately whoever wrote OMS decided to make it highly dependent on TIMeSTAMP WITH TIME ZONE columns, thereby ensuring no end of problems for anyone who doesn't use that stuff in their db...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto