Unix script to check database status

  • From: Michael Milligan <Michael.Milligan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 14:29:38 -0600

Hi,

I have to write an HP-UX Korn shell script to check the status of 20
databases - up or down - and send an email if any are down. I'm a relative
newbie at Unix. I'm not asking anyone to "do it for me", but does anyone
know of any scripts to check database status by greping or otherwise looking
at the oratab or other file and checking the status?

Thanks,

Mike

recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying
to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.