Re: Unix file permissions

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: deryaoktay@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:46:30 -0700

_trace_files_public works for udump, not bdump.

On 9/18/06, Derya Oktay <deryaoktay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I already tried changing _trace_file_public parameter to true, and after bouncing database, it makes no sense. The newly created trace files still has no permission to others. Regards, Derya.

On 9/18/06, David Sharples <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > > set _trace_file_public = true should do that (does for the udump files > anyway) > > just before of the kinda of information you are giving away though > > > On 18/09/06, Derya Oktay <deryaoktay@xxxxxxxxx > wrote: > > > > Hi, > > I want to give read privelege to "others", for newly created trace > > files in bdump directory automatically. Is there a way of doing that in > > AIX5L? Thanks. > > Regards, > > > > Derya. > > > >

--
Jared Still