RE: Unix Shell Script Help

  • From: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oratips@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 23:51:57 -0500

Do you mean the string "cancel", or a control-c terminator?   If it's the
string "cancel", I would do that in perl, since you can open a program as a
bi-directional process.  If you just want to send control-c, you can have a
forked process that watches the sqlplus command and sends a SIGINT when the
right moment comes (check your OS, but on my box that's a kill -2).

Matt

--
Matthew Zito
Chief Scientist