RE: Unix Question

  • From: Jared.Still@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:51:22 -0700

> > ANYBODY who would type ANYTHING in as root WITHOUT knowing what it
> does EXACTALLY should not have root access, is not responsable
> enough to have root access and needs to WAKE UP and LEARN the "man"
command.

> > good lord, people, what happened to personal responsibility and
> professionalism?
>
> A person can say that anyone that write an email like yours should not
be
> a user of an Oracle List or even have at least a bachelor degree in CS.

Having a degree of any kind does not guarantee profiency.

In some cases, it doesn't even guarantee the possibility proficiency.

You will find there are many people that are extremely good at what
they do, sheepskin or no. Learn to tell the difference.

I think it's time to end this thread.  Business as usual...

Jared