RE: Unix Question

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:35:19 -0400

I know a site where the DBA has determined that the new UNIX administrator
has never seen a UNIX system before in their life.  But management hired
them and now the DBA performs almost all the UNIX administration functions
in order to protect the system from the administrator.

I also know a site where the developers for an outside contractor were given
the root password, and the developers are pretty much Windows people who
know next to nothing about working on UNIX.

Jared, has a very valid point: no one should post invalid or dangerous
material without proper identification and warnings.