Re: Unix Question

  • From: Raj Jamadagni <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 05:23:14 -0700 (PDT)

Granted Joe, but do you remember awhile ago some folks trying and complaining
about

alter system "_run_sql_faster"=true;

Some people will try just about everything that is being said in various forums

We shouldn't worry about 99.9%, but the 0.1% who will actually try any advice
and scr**w up the
whole thing by blindly following it without understanding anything about it.
That in my opinion
outweighs everything else.

However, I am not suggesting that we let go humor, but maybe a little
disclaimer would help.

My $0.016
Raj
--- jtesta@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Jared, dont you think that someone who HAS root would know what that does?
> joe
>

> > Mladen,
> >
> > Please stop sending posts like this.
> > You may be joking, but it would be very easy for a neophyte to take this
> > seriously.
> > Jared

=====
Best Regards