Re: Unexpected result from ALL_TABLES

  • From: "Ram Srinivasan" <srinivasanram2004@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 15:44:34 -0400

All:
  There was a concern at my work place.  That is why I raised this issue
here.
  A particular user can see only the objects he was given privilege to in
the ALL_ tables.
  I performed some tests, and told the management that it cannot be
revoked.  Some of the packages and functions call some of the Oracle
built-in packages suchs as UTL_FILE, etc., and if we revoke execute on
sys.UTL_FILE from public, that is it., All the dependent objects will become
invalid.  Right?  Then we have to create a new role, assign these to that
role, and give that role to whoever wants.  This is insane.

  Sanity Now, Insanity Later.

  So, let us consider the topic closed.  We need  ALL_ objects so that users
can see the objects they have priv to in these ALL_ views.

  Thank you all.

Ram Srinivasan

--
Sincerely