Re: Undocumented Oracle Functions

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 5:19 PM, Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I hate them from a manager point of view. Nothing makes me cringe more than
> thinking some developer would use such functions in production code only to
> find that they no longer work after the next upgrade since they are not
> "supported" or "documented".

I did mention that these shouldn't be used in an application.

Perfectly acceptable in DBA scripts though IMO, as long as it's something
that you can afford to have break until you can fix the problem caused by
an undocumented function changing between releases.

I particularly liked sys_op_vecbit.

--
Jared Still