RE: Unable to create SPFILE.

You have to restart your DB using the spfile, and read the docs.
-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chirag DBA
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 8:19 AM
To: Marquez, Chris
Cc: Oracle-L Freelists
Subject: Re: Unable to create SPFILE.

I have started with pfile, by changing audit_trail=DB.

startup pfile='file name'.
show parameter audit.
audit_trail=DB
create spfile='location' from pfile;
File created..!!

but when see the spfile, *.audit_trail='OS';

I was thinking that while you do the create spfile, it is creating a
binary copy of pfile matching exactly with pfile.

but this is something unexpected I am getting.

regards - chirag

On 10/12/05, Marquez, Chris <cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        Sorry meant to say;

        SQL> startup pfile ='/[your changed pfile]';
        SQL> show parameter audit
        SQL> create spfile='.....' from pfile='....';
        SQL> shutdown;
        SQL> startup spfile ='/[your new spfile]';
        SQL> show parameter audit

        If this is a bug or feature this will show it.

        Chris Marquez
        Oracle DBA