"Unable to connect to Cluster Manager" from the RDBMS O_H

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 15:18:17 +0800

I have a pre-existing x64 Linux RDBMS Oracle_Home with a running database.

I installed an ASM only Oracle_Home under a different account (in the "dba") group and successfully configured cssd, raw devices and an ASM instance. I can see the two disk groups that I have manually configured in the ASM instance. I can stop and restart cssd and the ASM instance successfully. I understand the dependency (ie cssd must start *before* the ASM instance).

However, when I try to add a tablespace in the RDBMS Oracle_Home database, using the "+DG_1" specification, I get
ORA-29701 "unable to connect to Cluster Manager".

What do I have to do to get the RDBMS Oracle_Home to see cssd running from the ASM Oracle_Home ?

Hemant K Chitale