Re: UTL_SMTP Multiple emails on same connection (not multiple recipients)

Hello Mike,

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Michael Moore <michaeljmoore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> David,
> thanks for your response.
> I've seen lots of ways to send the same email to multiple people, but as
> you've surmised from my pseudo code, what I want is different emails going
> to different people. I am assuming that there is overhead on OPENING and
> CLOSING the CONNECTION. So, I am trying to avoid doing the open/close for
> each unique email. Maybe my assumption is wrong?

I honestly don't know as I've never used this particular package. But
yes, I would tend to think that would cause a little overhead. You
might want to check with Oracle support about it?

You can also check your database server's resources. If your machine
has plenty of CPU cycles and memory to spare and Oracle support says
the overhead is low, then maybe that's what you'll have to do. Even if
it might not be super-efficient.

HTH,

David