Re: UTL FILE

  • From: neil kodner <nkodner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kennaim@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 19:57:47 -0400

The 10g scheduler gives you the option to issue OS commands - at least in the UNIX world - have you tried having the scheduler invoke a .bat or a command to set the file attributes?

A good overview of the scheduler can be found at
http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/10gdba/week19_10gdba.html

On Sep 15, 2009, at 6:35 PM, Kenneth Naim wrote:

I write some finance interface files using utl_file from 1 10r2 database running on windows server onto another windows server using the UNC name and it works fine. Our internal audit would like us to make the file read only. I have googled but haven’t been able to find a way of changing a file’s attribute using utl_file or PL/SQL. Anyone know how to accomplish this feat?

Thanks,
Ken