RE: UTL FILE

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "kennaim@xxxxxxxxx" <kennaim@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 19:39:32 -0400

Ken,

I'm pretty sure you're out of luck using PL/SQL or UTL_FILE directly.  There
may a chance you could implement a JAVA stored procedure and do the permissions
change in JAVA?

I'm not at all a JAVA guy, so, that's a guess.  I've seen examples of using
JAVA for other file system manipulation that PL/SQL is not capable of.   For
example, AskTom has a case of walking a directory and getting a list of files,
that was implemented in JAVA.  Not sure if it will work for file permission
change, but it may be worth investigating.

Hope that helps,

-Mark