Re: URGENT - nid and duplication issues

Ok ... so panic time is when you look over the simplest of errors ...

Instead of running "create controlfile reuse SET database ..." I was doing
"create controlfile database ..."

Sigh. My pulse is back down to more manageable levels :-)

mvg/regards

Jo

             jo_holvoet@xxxxxx
             om
             oracle-l-bounce@f         oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             reelists.org                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             17/11/2008 21:59          URGENT - nid and duplication issues

             Please respond to
             jo_holvoet@xxxxxx
                    om

Hi all,

sorry for the urgent flag but I have the following problem (and lots of
people screaming at me):

9.2.0.8 on Solaris
Duplicated a DB. Before the duplication was finished, ran out of archived
redo logs needed to succesfully finish.

According to R. Freeman's book, I could apply these afterwards (which I
did, succesfully) and then run NID.

This fails with NID-00131 : controlfile is not current.

Trying to recreate then fails with mismatches between the duplicated DB
name and the source DB name which is still in the headers ...

HELP !

mvg/regards

Jo